mandag den 3. december 2012

still life




I used to hate doing stil life drawing. I was sitting there with my pencil, eraser, knitting needles etc.. sweating over some arrangement getting it right - and most of the time  I did get it straight on, but I never enjoyed myself.
Now I'm back doing stil life drawings and I love it. I just use a pen (either a Copic Multiliner or a Pigma Micron) no erasers or knitting needles and I don't really care if the lines are crooked or the perspective is obscured, I just draw and it's great fun.

The top drawing is an old film projector my wife found in the streets, we haven't tried it yet, but it looks cool. The two other drawings are from my parents house, an old wall clock and an old camera.

These drawings are done in my brand new sketchbook, a Stillman & Birn Epsilon Series. I'm really impressed with there sketchbooks, the paper in this book is very smooth and very suitable for line drawings, the paper could be a bit thicker, but it's still far better than my Moleskines.

Today it's minus 5 degrees out side, so it is not really possible to do any urban sketching. So in the next couple of months stil life drawings are most likely what I will publish here.

Ingen kommentarer: